Kent Elastomer Products, Inc. has been providing customer solutions since 1960 and is the industry leader in the manufacture of precision-engineered low durometer tubing and dip molded products. Our products serve a variety of markets including medical, orthodontic, food/beverage, sports/recreation, laboratory, and industrial. We extrude TPE, PVC, and custom compounds in an infinite variety of tubing sizes and manufacture Free-Band®, the preferred non-latex tourniquet. The company is committed to Lean Enterprise with a strategy of continuous improvement in all areas..
About the Job:
We are seeking a full-time Cost Accountant to join our team at our Kent, Ohio location. Dress attire is business casual in a small office environment where departments work together for the success of the company. This position reports to the Senior VP of Finance & Administration.
- Develop and maintain standard manufacturing costs. Working knowledge of BOM and routings is required.
- Convert Excel-based costing methods to ERP-based system.
- Work with overhead costs to ensure proper allocation to product lines.
- Review product costing for customer quotes to ensure accuracy.
- Responsible for reconciling month-end inventories to the general ledger and to physical counts.
- Involved with implementing and maintaining new inventory location control software.
- Conduct cycle count audits of inventory.
- Analyze actual manufacturing costs and processes to identify areas of improvement that will improve efficiency and impact profitability.
- Assist with annual budgets and monthly forecasts.
- Generate specific product margin analysis as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 3 yrs. cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong computer skills especially using Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of Infor XA ERP software or a similar ERP system
- Ability to interact with management staff and all levels of production
- Travel to plant locations in Mogadore and Winesburg, Ohio as required
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be professional, personable, organized and a team player
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Health plan includes Medical, Rx, Dental, and Vision
- Life and Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan