Industrial Maintenance (Electrical)
Scope of Position:
Join the industry leader in the manufacturing of precision-engineered low durometer tubing and dip molded products! Due to continued growth, Kent Elastomer Products (KEP) has an outstanding career opportunity for an experienced full-time 2nd or 3rd shift Industrial Maintenance Technician responsible for maintaining and repairing production machinery and equipment.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Maintenance performs the installation, troubleshooting and repair of electrical and mechanical systems, pipe fitting, plumbing, 480V and 208V 3 phase electrical, rigging, welding, and hydraulics. More specifically, you:
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair all types of production machinery and equipment.
- Work in accordance with OSHA and KEP safety policies and procedures.
- Perform basic electrical troubleshooting of 480V and 208V 3 phase.
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Modify and fabricate equipment using welder, cutting torches and other equipment.
- Keep equipment, maintenance shop, and job sites in a clean and orderly condition.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Work second (3pm to 11pm) or third shift (11pm to 7am), plus overtime when necessary.
WHAT YOU NEED TO QUALIFY
KEP requires a minimum of 5 years of experience in Industrial Maintenance, as well as a high school diploma or GED. You also must have:
- General mechanical, industrial electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic knowledge.
- Basic knowledge to perform welding and cutting.
- Experience working with milling, lathe, and other shop machines.
- Experience with extrusion equipment is a plus.
- Flexibility to work effectively with production personnel and others.
- Own hand tools and appropriate storage for the tools of the trade.
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, email and internet.
- Ability to pass a background check, drug screen and pulmonary function test.
- A valid driver license, reliable transportation and be able to occasionally commute between Kent and Mogadore facilities. (Mileage paid for commuting.)
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN
In addition to working at an award-winning company with a positive working environment, you receive:
- Competitive pay rate $26.47/ hour ($25.97/hour with $0.50 shift differential for third shift)
- Affordable health plan, including Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision
- Paid holidays and vacations
- $250 quarterly attendance bonus for perfect attendance
- Holiday bonus
- Life and disability insurance
- Pension plan and 401(k) retirement plan
WHY WORK FOR KEP
- KEP is a world leader with a 60 year history in NE Ohio manufacturing consistent and reliable latex tubing.
- KEP offers a highly competitive benefits and compensation package.
- KEP offers a safe work environment, which has been recognized for excellence in safety by the local safety council.
- KEP is a Lean Enterprise with a strategy of continuous improvement is all areas.
- KEP products are proudly made in the U.S.A.
- Browse our website for a more complete look at Kent Elastomer Products, Inc.: www.kentelastomer.com.