We want our customers to save money in 2019, not waste it! Here are 5 reasons why following good manufacturing processes saves money for our clients in industries ranging from Food & Beverage to Medical & Dental:
1. Before getting to work on building a customer’s prototype or product, Kent Elastomer Products begins with a complete assessment. This assessment helps KEP know what each of our customers’ needs and wants are, and exactly what they expect from the finished manufactured project. This helps KEP start with a solid plan and begin the process without delays in the timeline or incurring additional costs.
2. At KEP we prioritize return on investment (ROI). Some manufacturers often go several years without a comprehensive audit which results in obsolete processes, procedures and technologies. We continually negotiate with suppliers and assess our processes regularly to keep costs low and product quality high.
3. Continuous lean improvement from within is a priority that keeps us competitive and always growing. We show our commitment to quality standards and lean manufacturing processes throughout the year. Groups of our team members plan Kaizen events to gain valuable insight into how our processes can be simplified or improved.
4. Energy consumption is one of many large expenses facing America’s manufacturing community, but at KEP we capture energy savings which can have a significant impact on your company’s bottom line. We make efforts to reduce our environmental footprint – since 2007, we’ve reduced water usage by 58%, electric by more than 18%, and gas usage by 13%. Our dumpster pick-ups dropped from 804 per year to 182 per year, a 77% reduction.
5. We follow a system based on ISO 9001:2015 standards, FDA, and SQF manufacturing for consistently providing quality products, improving customer satisfaction and improving system processes. KEP is also pursuing the ISO 13485 certification, which is the ISO standard for medical device companies.
The coronavirus is just one more in a long list of global sourcing disruptions Everything from Modern Tire Dealer to the New York Times report the severe impact of the coronavirus on Chinese business retail and manufacturing – and its effect on the global economy....
KEP’s Kaizen improvement events are an important part of our success story for many reasons. Holding hundreds of these Kaizen events over the years has not only made a positive impact on our bottom line, they have also improved the daily work of our team members and...