Following Good Manufacturing Processes Saves Money
We want our customers to save money in 2019, not waste it! Here are 5 reasons why following good manufacturing processes saves money for our clients in industries ranging from Food & Beverage to Medical & Dental:
1. Before getting to work on building a customer’s prototype or product, Kent Elastomer Products begins with a complete assessment. This assessment helps KEP know what each of our customers’ needs and wants are, and exactly what they expect from the finished manufactured project. This helps KEP start with a solid plan and begin the process without delays in the timeline or incurring additional costs.
2. At KEP we prioritize return on investment (ROI). Some manufacturers often go several years without a comprehensive audit which results in obsolete processes, procedures and technologies. We continually negotiate with suppliers and assess our processes regularly to keep costs low and product quality high.
3. Continuous lean improvement from within is a priority that keeps us competitive and always growing. We show our commitment to quality standards and lean manufacturing processes throughout the year. Groups of our team members plan Kaizen events to gain valuable insight into how our processes can be simplified or improved.
4. Energy consumption is one of many large expenses facing America’s manufacturing community, but at KEP we capture energy savings which can have a significant impact on your company’s bottom line. We make efforts to reduce our environmental footprint – since 2007, we’ve reduced water usage by 58%, electric by more than 18%, and gas usage by 13%. Our dumpster pick-ups dropped from 804 per year to 182 per year, a 77% reduction.
5. We follow a system based on ISO 9001:2015 standards, FDA, and SQF manufacturing for consistently providing quality products, improving customer satisfaction and improving system processes. KEP is also pursuing the ISO 13485 certification, which is the ISO standard for medical device companies.
Benefits of Rubber Assembly Services
KEP’s Assembly Capabilities Kent Elastomer Products (KEP) is proud to offer a comprehensive portfolio of manufacturing capabilities and services, from manual and automated assembly services to inventory management and packaging. We have invested significant time and...
February 2023 Anniversaries
Celebrating Our February Anniversaries! We are full of love for our February team member's anniversaries! Maybe we sound like a broken record – but KEP truly wouldn’t be who we are today without these hardworking employees. Thank you to Cheri Thompson, our Director of...
Meet Tom Pilcavage!
Meet Tom Pilcavage! Tom Pilcavage has worked at our Kent facility for 14 years in Electrical Maintenance. In his job, Tom is in charge of the upkeep and improvement of our facility, always making sure production is maintained! Tom’s favorite day at work is one where...
Talk with KEP
We love a challenge.
Build a prototype?
Improve product or customer service?
Let's make it happen!