Importance of Safe Medical Supplies & Products
Safety is an absolutely critical consideration when designing and choosing quality medical products, such as medical tubing. And safety refers to a number of different factors, including:
- Purity and sterilization. Medical product materials should have excellent purity, with no foreign particles or components that could leach in service. Additionally, medical tubing and products should respond well to sterilization to ensure no contaminants are present.
- Allergens. In many contexts, medical professionals may choose medical products that are free of all common allergens to eliminate any risk to sensitive populations. For example, when choosing medical supplies such as tourniquet bands that come into direct contact with the skin, they may opt for products made with alternatives to natural rubber latex to protect individuals who may be allergic or sensitive to latex proteins.
- Biocompatibility. Safe medical products are made with materials that do not negatively interact with the human body during the intended use.
- Ease of use. In many medical situations, time is of the essence. A medical product that is difficult, confusing, or time-consuming to deploy can cost precious minutes. Ease of use contributes tremendously to the safety of a quality medical product.
KEP’s Commitment to Quality Medical Products
Kent Elastomer Products is proud to offer a wide range of elastomer materials and medical products that are expected to exceed industry expectations for safety and quality in their final applications. We offer a multitude of latex-free compounds, and all of our materials are free from phthalates and bisphenol A (BPA) free compounds, and many of our materials are free from phthalates. We offer products which will be suitable for use in applications requiring:
- United States Pharmacopeia (USP) Class IV Biocompatibility
- BioPhorum Operations Group (BPOG) Extractables and Leachables
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requirements
All of KEP’s manufacturing facilities are registered with the FDA and have Quality Management Systems certified to ISO 13485:2016.
Medical Tubing and Supplies From KEP
KEP is proud to manufacture a wide range of safe medical supplies, made with quality materials, on American soil. From medical tubing to tourniquet bands, our products are trusted by healthcare providers worldwide.
KEP’s biopharmaceutical tubing meets the highest standards set forth by the medical industry for bioprocessing. Our biopharmaceutical tubing is incredibly durable, offering high burst strength and excellent chemical resistance, while minimizing extractables and leachables. Using KEP biopharmaceutical tubing can also extend the service life of peristaltic pumps by protecting against premature wear and degradation.
KEP manufactures high-performance medical tourniquet bands using a proprietary material blend that mimics natural rubber latex—without any of the latex proteins that may be harmful to individuals with latex sensitivities or allergies. Our Free-Band® tourniquet bands are stretchy and easy to use, maintaining a good grip on the skin while remaining soft and comfortable to the touch. They’re equally safe for quick procedures, such as a blood draw, and longer processes, such as a platelet donation.
Our surgical tubing is expertly designed and manufactured for a wide range of fluid pathway and surgical irrigation applications, including wound drainage and drug delivery. We’ve leveraged over 60 years of elastomer expertise to develop both natural rubber latex and latex-free surgical tubing options, designed for purity, sterility, and ease of use.
Blood Pressure Tubing
Blood pressure tubing must be designed and manufactured to withstand the hustle and bustle of busy clinics, hospitals, and other fast-paced healthcare settings. KEP is proud to offer blood pressure cuff tubing made from durable, top-quality PVC that can withstand bends and twists without disrupting the accuracy of the reading. Our blood pressure cuff tubing is resistant to chemicals and oxidation and free from BPA, phthalates, and latex proteins.
Quality Solutions For a Variety of Industries
At KEP, quality is our top priority. We understand the incredibly stringent requirements of the healthcare, medical, and surgical industries, and we’ve made it our goal to manufacture exceptional medical tubing and other medical products that meet and exceed those expectations. Our elastomer blends, manufacturing techniques, and coveted accreditations are all the product of our unwavering commitment to supplying you with the best medical supplies on the market, so you can breathe easy and trust that your KEP products will perform as expected.
Additionally, KEP is one of the only companies for medical supplies, such as medical tubing, that operates entirely on American soil. Between our U.S. location and our on-site packaging and labeling services, we can offer faster turnaround times and less supply chain headache than other companies for medical supplies.
To learn more about our elastomer blends and manufacturing options or talk about a custom project, speak to a member of our team >