Natural Rubber Latex Tubing FAQs
What is the minimum order on standard sizes of natural rubber latex tubing?
- $300.00 total order
- We will accept below minimum orders with a $35.00 processing fee
- We accept all major credit cards
Can natural rubber latex tubing be sterilized?
Natural rubber latex tubing is compatible with steam, ETO and gamma radiation.
Does natural rubber latex possess good chemical resistance?
- Acid (dilute) – Fair to Good
- Acid (concentrate) – Fair
- Alkali – Good
- Petroleum Products – Not recommended
What is the minimum order on custom runs and custom colors?
Non-stock sizes or colors are 4000′ (1219.2m) +/- 20% per color, per size, depending on tubing size.
How soon can my order ship?
Standard sizes usually ship within 3 working days and custom runs within 2 weeks.
What are the manufacturing capabilities for inside diameters and wall thickness?
Kent Elastomer can manufacture tubing ranging from .031″ (.787mm) inside diameters and wall thicknesses up to .333″ (8.458mm) ID and wall thickness combinations vary.
Are continuous lengths available?
Up to 50′ (15.24m) lengths are available on selected sizes. Dipped natural rubber tubing is processed in random lengths.
Are cut lengths available?
Kent Elastomer has developed a custom cutting process, which allows us to cut latex tubing to lengths as small as .063″ (1.6mm). Cut angle 90° ± 15°.
What is the shelf life on latex?
Using proper storage procedures, natural rubber latex will maintain physical properties for a year or more
What are the recommended storage procedures?
- Product should be stored in containers, sealed from airflow and light
- Packaging should provide protection from crushing
- Particular storage conditions should be at temperatures not exceeding 77° F (25° C)
- Storage should be free of Ozone producing machinery
What are the operating temperatures natural rubber latex tubing can withstand?
- Minimum recommended operating temperature of -65° F (-53° C)
- Maximum recommended operating temperature of 180° F (82° C)
What is the product warranty policy?
Under proper storage conditions, the warrant period is one year from the date of shipment.